Title

Rave and Rant about Raunch

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Review By Dottie: Dark Needs by T.M. Fraizer

Dark Needs
A Dark Light of Day Novella, Book 1.5
By T.M. Frazier
Genres:
Romance, Mystery & Suspense
****
Teasers
 ****

Synopsis

"A revenge kill is the best kind of kill. 

But a revenge kill for your family, with your woman's permission? 

That's borderline erotic." - Jake, The Dark Light of Day. 



Jake has come back home to Abby after violently disposing of the man who almost destroyed his family. With blood literally still on his hands, the only thing on Jake's mind is making up for lost time with the woman he loves. 


Dark Needs is a companion novella to The Dark Light of Day

Dottie's Star Rating
(4 Stars)
Review

Dark Needs is a novella companion book to The Dark Light of Day. You know one of those things you've always wondered about - like for instance what happened after the prince rode off into the sunset with the princess and the book said, "And they lived happily ever after?"  I'm not saying that the first book, Dark Light of Day was a fairy tale. Not by a long shot. But in the end, the guy got the girl and the epilogue basically says that they would live happily ever after too.  But this book, Dark Needs, is that little glimpse into Abby and Jake's world (mostly one year later). Jake still loves Abby. Abby still loves Jake. Don't worry. But things happen in life; and some of this story involves part of their pasts catching up with them just a bit.
This book, albeit fairly short, still has a story line. It has some serious drama within it and solidifies where their relationship is headed. Jake knows Abby really deserves better than him. But he cannot bring himself to care enough to give her up, especially with Georgia in the mix.
Excerpt:
Bee deserved better than me, but I was drawn to her innocence, and she was drawn to my darkness. Together, we made a whole lot of no sense, and it was just the way I liked it. Lightening striking is too cliché for the moment Abby Ford appeared out of nowhere and literally fell into my life. It felt more like she had me on my knees with a knife to my throat and had me begging for my life, but a new kind of life. One with her in it. A life worth living for. Every day I spend with Bee is another day she breaks my fucking heart and repairs it all over again. Being with her makes the tiny hairs on my arm stand on end and my heart drop into my stomach every time she enters the fucking room. I LOVED her.  I was OBSESSED with her. If anyone tried to tell me a story that involved love at first sight, I would shake my head and call it a bunch of bullshit. Love in general was a sketchy concept. Instant love was just fucking ridiculous. Until her.
As I said, this book is fairly short. I absolutely recommend reading it as soon as you put down Dark Light of Day if you haven't yet read it; it adds a new dimension to the story and also lets you into Jake's head for most of the book. I don't want to give away the story line since it's conpact but I will say I will be reading whatever TM Frazier writes in the future. I am very grateful she decided to write this companion novel. Oh, and by the way, the end of the book includes a preview of her next book, King, which is expected out later this year (2015). And reading it made me go, "Ooooh."

Purchase Dark Needs Here:




No comments:

Post a Comment