Title

Rave and Rant about Raunch

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review by Jenn: Promise Me by Hilary Wynne

Promise Me
The Alexa Reed Series Book 3
By Hilary Wynne
RELEASES FEB. 17TH
Genres:
Contemporary Romance, Erotica
****

Teasers
 ****
 ****

Synopsis

Alexa Reed finally has it all: a new lease on life, a bright future with the man of her dreams, a job she loves, and a great group of friends. She believes in her own happiness again. 



Is it too good to last? 


Alexa’s bliss is short-lived when an unexpected situation threatens the love she and Julian share. Suddenly, she has to choose whether to STAY and HOLD ON, or run. 

The pain is too much. She runs. She runs away from Julian and from a life she can no longer be a part of. 

But love is never that simple and an unusual twist of fate leads them back to each other ... although everything is different. 

They’ve changed. 

Julian struggles to trust Alexa. She has a secret that threatens to ruin their fragile relationship. Alexa knows she has to tell Julian the truth, even if it destroys any chance of happiness. 


They say love conquers all, but can it conquer betrayal from someone who has promised to love you forever? 

Star Rating
(5 Stars)

Review
*There are spoilers if you haven't read books 1 and 2.

Promise Me is book three in the Alexa Reed Series and may or may not be the final in the series (Hilary may or may not be toying with the idea of a fourth book).  Julian and Alexa have been on a wild, up and down journey towards epic and I believe you will all love their ride to get there.  This is a story of love, self-growth, friendship, and the fight for the love that we deserve.

“Jerry… the test results please?! Don’t keep us waiting any longer!” Drumroll… “Julian Bauer, you are NOT the father!” And with my over active imaginations enactment of that story line, we pick up in Promise Me where Hold on left off, springing back into the lives of one of my favorite fictional couples. Julian and Alexa have work to do, individually and together, but stay, hold on and I promise you, you’ll enjoy the ride (puns intended).
Julian has an amazing ability to read Lexie; emotionally, physically, sexually, and materialistically. This is one of my favorite things about him. Who wouldn’t want a man who can give you the exact toe-curling orgasm you’re looking for and pick out a pair of shoes every girl on the street will envy as you walk by. Any sane woman, that’s who. We see a little bit of a darker side to Julian in this book, stemming from his fear of losing Lexie and his fear that she is just going to keep running and breaking his heart. Julian is strong and has the patience of saint but he is also stubborn and prideful. It’s time for him to receive some of the reassurance he has always provided Lexie.
Excerpt
“More than anything it hurts me to know I’ve made you doubt yourself. You’re the most amazing, loving, loyal, strong and patient man I’ve ever known, will ever know. You didn’t make one wrong step Julian. Since the moment I met you I didn’t feel worthy of your love. You gave me your love and despite all my craziness, you still wanted me. I couldn’t understand why and to be honest I still struggle with those feelings of doubt. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted in my life and everything I convinced myself I would never have. I understand how you feel about me and about all of this and as much as it sucks, I can’t blame you for how you feel. I didn’t fight for us when you needed me and I will always, always, regret that. But I’m fighting for us now and I’ll continue to fight until you either believe in your heart we’re meant to be together, or you ask me to leave. I won’t leave you, Julian. I promise.”  
In the Facebook community of groups and one on one contact I hear chatter about different books and I see the love and the criticism of the writing, plot, and characters among people looking for their next book. I am a fan of Hilary’s and the Alexa Reed Series and I have seen chatter about how Alexa isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. I’ve heard that she is overly emotional and people don’t understand the running. I have never been one of these people; I can understand the fear of commitment, of being hurt, of letting people in. I understand how you feel when you’re dealing with something big, as Lexie has been. This series spans about a 8-month time and in the beginning Alexa wasn’t in a good place. I’ve heard criticism of how she deals. But I am telling you, I believe Promise Me will change these naysayers minds. Through this journey Alexa has overcome her demons and found strength to hold herself up high, and be able to be there for the others in her life. Alexa is tired of running and her time to be the rock has come.
Well I have stated my hatred for “He who must not be named” before, in previous reviews of this series. No, not that “He” guys, stay focused, wrong story! I’m talking about the Alexa Reed Series equivalent to Voldermort. Okay, okay, I guess I am being a little dramatic. I mean our villain here isn’t walking around performing unforgivable curses and trying to take over a whole world. But close enough. I don’t want to waste much time on "Puke" but I will say he does try to redeem himself with an act of selflessness to help Lexie… Well good, he should! CoughJackassCough. Thanks, but not forgiven. 
This novel has it all; a sizzling setting of South Beach, an alpha hotelier with a romantic side, sex scenes too hot to handle, amazing friends, and a couple finding strength in themselves and each other. I cried, laughed, got goose bumps, fist pumped, gave snotty looks at my kindle mocking Serena and Alejandra (bitches), and fell in love with Julian, with Alexa and Julian as a couple, and with the story. This is a series you should not miss and I do hope we haven't seen the last of all these characters yet. Pre-order your copy now and see the epic ever after for Julian and Lexie.


Pre-order Promise Me Here:
(RELEASES FEB. 17TH)




No comments:

Post a Comment