Title

Rave and Rant about Raunch

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review by Dottie: Post Breakup Sex by Sibylla Matilde

Post Breakup Sex
The Copperline Series, Book 1
By Sibylla Matilde
Genres:
Erotica, Contemporary Romance
****
Teasers
 ****

Synopsis

*** Mature Content; Strong Language; Sexual Content*** 



"She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. Pure class. Old money. I never stood a chance... until she broke up with her dickhead of a boyfriend and went off the rails." 


Brannon Forrester doesn't expect much from life. He coasts through aimlessly. No real ties. Nothing to hold him back. Hanging out with his best friend, lead singer of a local bar band, he lives for pleasure, out of the spotlight but with all the excess of the band's small-town fame. After all, why should he be good when the only woman he really wants will never give him the time of day? 

Then, one night at an after party, Sophie Buchanan walks through the door. In an attempt to throw caution to the wind and dream out loud, she looks to him as a guide to the wild side. As someone who can show her all the excitement and recklessness her world has been missing. He plunges her into a reality of fervent passion... and heartbreaking betrayal. 


Their roles have been set. He has only ever been a good time. She has only ever been a pretty face. It would be insane for them to fall in love. But when emotion complicates lust, can the caution of the mind suppress the will of the heart?

Dottie's Star Rating
(4.5 Stars)

Review
When the author asked us (Rave and Rant About Raunch Book Blog) and then Jenn asked me if I'd like to read it, I glanced at the synopsis and some of the ratings and said, "Sure." I was thinking (by its name), it would probably be a fluff-piece book and although would probably be fine, it wasn't likely there would be any depth to it. But I had just read some heavier, darker books and thought it would be nice to read something fairly simple and light and that this would likely fit the bill. I was delightedly wrong!
This book made me smile. I mean smile, huge! It is told from the viewpoint of Brannon. Brannon is highly likable. His internal dialog made me chuckle and laugh outright loud at times. By day, he works at an auto-garage his late grandfather left to him where he also learned to love classic muscle cars. By night, he hangs out at a bar where his buddies are the band that does gigs and he gives them a hand setting-up/breaking-down the stage.  Brannon is also a man-whore who revels in being in high-demand with the ladies and this bar is a target-rich environment for picking up women...
Excerpt
I think it was the shirt that sealed the deal that night. It seemed to get me laid more often than not, really. Big white block letters that said "Orgasm Donor" across the black fabric that, to be quite honest, was maybe a size too small. Fortunately, I was six feet three inches and had the muscular bulk to carry it off...
Sophie is a rich-girl raised to do everything expected of her, including become the perfect, subservient trophy-wife. But beneath the surface, she's a sweet, smart, daring, lovely young woman dying to get out from under the expectations her parents and society have for her. She gets talked into going to a party by the hairdresser who just gave her a "bit" of a change of hairstyle to go with her need for some rebellion. There, she meets Brannon...
She stepped up to me and glanced pointedly back down at my shirt. I prepared myself for a scathing comment. Every time I'd seen her before, she simply oozed class. Money. Style. High society, and, once again, I could only wonder what the fuck she was doing here..."Can you deliver on that promise?" she asked. Fuck yeah..."Oh yeah," I replied in a low, firm rasp. "Guaranteed to make you scream."
Now I'm going to stop right here for a minute. It sounds like a typical rich-girl goes slumming and hooks up with a blue-collar boy, right? And I suppose superficially this is basically the case. But it's also not really. This coupling, albeit h-o-t, was each of them getting just a little taste of what could really be...and it's something pretty special. And deep down both of them understand something was happening here. What? They're not completely sure of yet. But something...
When I started asking myself partially into this book why I was enjoying it so much, I decided these two people were so likable that I was just truly enjoying spending my time "with them". Reading this book is a classic example of why I read; it makes my heart jump up and dance. It's fun. And fun is one of those things reading should be!
Brannon made me laugh a lot. When he shows Sophie his baby, an American muscle car he and his grandfather lovingly rebuilt from the ground up, he tells her...
...today is an awesome day for a ride in some good ol' American muscle. With fall coming, we won't get too many more days like this. We can roll the windows down and hear my Cougar roar." "Cougar?" "Yeah...She's a Mercury Cougar. Kind of like a super fancy Mustang, except a Mustang just runs fast. A Cougar runs fast and eats Mustangs for breakfast," I grinned wickedly...
The synopsis for this book would have you thinking that this book is either all about sex (I mean, look at the title) or ménage book or something...the sex is definitely there. It's pretty hot. But this book is truly a story of two hearts who had given up hope of not only finding love; but finding someone they truly like in this world to love.
Her eyes slowly fluttered halfway open to focus on my mouth, and her tongue leisurely slid along her lips to taste my kiss. "Kiss me again," she breathed. "I love how you kiss me. Please." Please. Jesus Christ, that one little word, that faint hint of desperation in her voice, was going to haunt me for the rest of my fucking life..."Don't ever stop kissing me, Bran," she whispered against my lips. "Please, I feel like I'm going under. Don't let me go."...
This book is really good. It's has a good story. The supporting characters are pretty interesting and the series will continue with some of them (which I, for one, will be reading)! It's a story of a lot of personal growth. It's a story about a young woman discovering whom she really is inside of the facade her parents so carefully crafted. It's a story about two people who are completely taken with each other but are each afraid of the deep feelings that they are developing and then learning what they need to do with those alien feelings. It's a lot more of a story than the title implies. It's a lot more than the synopsis implies. It's a really good book that made me happy when I was reading it. I can hardly wait for the next book in the series (due out sometime this spring, 2015). I absolutely recommend you read Post Breakup Sex when you're in the mood for a book that will make you smile and laugh and remember why you love reading!
Purchase Post Breakup Sex Here:




No comments:

Post a Comment